Tuesday, October 2, 2007

You Like You Like.

The rugby is one of those classic pieces of sportswear that comes and goes. Comes and goes. Benetton catapulted the rugby to iconic status in the 80s with their classic green and blue striped rugby that spawned all manner of spin-offs from the similarly copyright infringing coca-cola rugby you could find at the jean barn to benetton's own line of ruby wear. Although I can't be sure when this rugby dates to it is from the short lived Rugby Benetton line most probably from the early 90s.

I have many benetton rugbies and I'll show more as I dig them out of storage.


Argyle is an even more classic look than the rugby. Although trendy in 05, and quickly giving way to fairaisle in 06' and now we seem to be in the midst of a tartan craze in 07, the argyle is something you will always be safe holding onto. This one dates from the mid 80s and I was fortunate to acquire it at the Northgate Deseret Industries whilst having my BMW serviced at Jiffy Lube. May she rest in peace.