Friday, October 5, 2007

If I Can Wear It You Can Feel It.


The benetton multi-colored logo was a short lived affair. Introduced in late 1990 it lasted only a few seasons until benetton began offering the mono-chrome logo. This makes it highly collectible yet no one seems aware of its relative rarity making acquisition sometimes affordable. To give you an idea of its rarity, given the hundreds of pieces that I have only a few have this multi-color logo. So they are something I cherish.

I picked up this piece in bulk sale on ebay. It came with a similar tee with the mono-chrome logo. Although it pained me greatly I offered it as a present to a friend. But fate has a way of rewarding kindness. Said friend took to the gym and could consequently fit into this tee as well as he could the I "heart" Italia tee.

If you see someone trying to sell a tee with this logo while trying to pass it off ass vintage 80s, then they are quite mistaken for reasons I've already stated.